zondag 10 juni 2018

Aurum Aurais collection by Daria D'Ambrosio

Photography: Gioconda & Augusto
Meet Daria D’Ambrosio, a second-time FASHIONCLASH participant.
She was born and raised in a village in the south of Italy, and it is this culture and tradition that characterizes her identity.  Therefore it is not surprising that, in line with the theme of the FASHIONCLASH Festival 2018, her collection 'Aurum Auris' was inspired by sacred vestation, and the charming mystery celebrated by women.

Her collection will be presented at the Show Programme on Saturday the 16th of June, at the SAM-Decorfabriek. You can get your tickets for the show here.


What made you realize that you wanted to work in (fashion) design?

It all happened by chance ... I constantly felt the need for something that was not there. So I thought of enrolling myself in the “polimoda” in order to express what I had inside.


Why did you choose fashion?
I chose fashion because it allows you to visually and conceptually express your point of view.

What would you say are your main achievements in your career?
I think I can convey the message I want to get through in my collections.

What are your sources of inspiration?
My sources of inspiration often concern faith, the sacred, the religious world in general particularly fascinate me ... the statues representing the virgin as well as convents and churches represent mystery to me and therefore the curiosity to discover this world.

Why did you decide to participate in FASHIONCLASH Festival 2018? 
Having already participated last year I promised to come back because it is well organized! I expect more visibility!

Photography: Gioconda & Augusto
What do you love most about (fashion) design? What are the biggest struggles faced by young designers?

Certainly the freedom to express their sensitivity. The greatest struggles .... we are often poorly understood and too criticized. How would you define fashion? Freedom of expression!

What do you think are the most important issues in fashion today?

To spread positive messages and to make people think about our times.

How do you think fashion contributes to society, can it contribute to a better world?

Absolutely! Fashion can contribute to a better world, designers have the responsibility to communicate through their collections and mostly through their shows. Our aim is to make people think.

What challenges do you face in the design process? What are your favorite parts of the process?  
The biggest challenge is when you have to pull on what you have exactly inside ... my favorite part is undoubtedly the creation!

Describe your design process in two words. Deeply instinctive

How would you describe the concept behind your project (for FASHIONCLASH)?
 “The aura all humans have, the religious theme represents our soul, our inner Holy Spirit “

What inspired you?
A dream ... I looked for the meaning of what I dreamed of and I thought of representing it inspiring me precisely to the religious world.

How would you describe your project in three words? deep-sensitive-true

What projects are you involved in at the moment? What are your next steps?
At the moment this last collection is not involved in any project, I would like to be able to gain experience with a brand in order to learn and improve my professional profile.

What are your thoughts regarding fashion and religion?
Personally, as I said previously, I feel this theme very close to me personally and probably also my life experience, so I think that representing religion through fashion wants to tell something, something extremely personal.

Photography: Gioconda & Augusto
What does your day look like during the design process?
I generally wear black, black represents the deepness, it helps me to concentrate on my ideas and creativity in general.  

Who is your favorite artist?
I don’t have a “favorite” artist, I generally prefer to search for different artists: from the past to now. Actually I’m very focused on the religious idea behind some old Italian paintings such as Leonardo’s.

Who is your favorite designer?
I do not have a specific one ... maybe I would say “Viktor and Rolf” ... but I’m not sure ...


For more information, visit her website at https://dariadambrosio.com 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...