dinsdag 29 maart 2011

Meet Anna Dudzińska

Preparations for FASHIONCLASH Maastricht 2011 are in full swing but in the meantime, we’re going to present participants’ profiles on the FASHIONCLASH blog so that you could get to know them better. Follow FASHIONCLASH blog ‘cause from now on, each week another participant will be presented.
First in the row is a Polish fashion designer Anna Dudzińska:

What is your name? Anna Dudzińska

What is the name of your label? DUD.ZIN.SKA

Where did you study and when did you graduate? I studied at Cracow School of Art and Fashion Design in Poland and I have graduated this year


Anna's inspiration

What inspires you as a designer? I treat fashion as a form of experiment. I like to combine different subjects and materials, usually from the opposite sides ( new vs. old, beautiful vs. ugly, tasty vs. disgusting etc). But mostly I'm inspired by modern architecture and interior design including structures, non-standard materials and shapes. It gives quite an appreciable background to my projects. Furthermore I'm a big fan of avant-garde in different fields.


Who is your favorite fashion designer? Why? I'm absolute fan of Martin Margiela. His unconventional and simply novel attitude towards fashion gives me an impression that there's still something to do in this kind of art. Besides interesting clothes, he has created totally new existence by mixing fashion design with other fields of art. Altogether it gives quite unique brand with a coherent marketing background. I also admire Japanese fashion designers.



What can you bring to FASHIONCLASH Maastricht 2011? Avant-garde in ready-to-wear version


Do you expect from the FASHIONCLASH Maastricht 2011? First of all good fun and positive vibes. It's also an ideal moment for making new and interesting acquaintances. And last, but surely not least, it's a great occasion to promote my collection.

How did your experience with fashion started? When did you decide to be a fashion designer? Actually, I did my first fashion sketches when I was a child. Maybe it sounds banally, but from that time I wanted to become a fashion designer. And the final decision was made after I graduated in psychology. Then I staked everything on one card :)


What are your goals concerning your career? What are your ambitions? Where do you see yourself in the future? The perfect situation would be designing for some fashion houses for a while and after that expanding my own brand, preferably in Paris or London. But the most important is to go with the flow, no matter what happens.


Anna's new collection in progress







One of the outfits from Anna's collection to be presented during FASHIONCLASH Maastricht 2011


Photo by Rafał Wojczal
































For more information on Anna and her collections check:


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...