vrijdag 15 april 2011

Ellis Biemans

What is your name? Ellis Biemans

What is the name of your label? Ellis Biemans

Where did you study and when did you graduate? I studied at fashion & design at AMFI- and I graduate in June 2009.

What inspires you as a designer? The human body inspires me in the first place: the movements of the body and how to use and shape unusual materials as a body adornment. Additionally, in nature you can find beautiful shapes and colors, Im in love with color pallets, combining the right unusual colors together can define a whole new concept.



Ellis's drawings, paintings and sketches.






Who is your favorite fashion designer? Why? Im very impressed by the way Hussein Chalayan works out his concepts, making shapes with rare materials and developing new techniques to show us his vision, without loosing the esthetics.

What can you bring to FASHIONCLASH Maastricht 2011? l will bring to FASHIONCLASH Maastricht 2011 my newest and first collection of my own label . Where I will show some techniques and color pallets that might inspire others.



What do you expect from the FASHIONCLASH Maastricht 2011? I expect it to be very nice, I expect meeting people, introducing myself and my work to new people and having a beautiful environment to present my collection in a different way than on a catwalk show.

How did your experience with fashion started? When did you decide to be a fashion designer/artist? I can't exactly remember, it just slipped in there somehow. My mom used to sew a lot of clothes for me and my sisters, and at some point a wanted to learn it too. It started with simple patterns from pattern magazines. But slowly I began to make my own designs mostly to wear them myself. After high school I couldn't think of anything else then studying fashion design.

What are your goals concerning your career? What are your ambitions? Where do you see yourself in the future? I like to leave my future open, you never know what will come up in a year or more and Im curious about any new opportunities to come. I will stay in fashion for sure and of course I hope my label to grow bigger and bigger.



Edited by Natalia Serwanska

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...