vrijdag 29 april 2011

"Garbage-to-wear" by Gunnar Hämmerle


Gunnar's inspiration

What is your name? Gunnar Hämmerle.

Where and what did you study and when did you graduate? I studied business management at LMU Munich and graduated 1998. After that, I went to film school HFF, also in Munich. There, I graduated 2003.

How did your experience with blogging started? Why a blog? I started blogging by the end of 2006. First, it was just a fun project. I wanted to take pictures of people and a street style blog gave me a good reason to do so. I love the idea of blogging because it is such a great way to share your work with the whole world. And it doesn't cost anything to start... except your ideas and time.

Where does your inspiration come from? From here and now. I love to be thrown in a situation and then work with it. My approach is rather spontaneous than conceptual.

Gunnar's inspiration

Do you have a favorite designer or artist? No, I don't. Either some creation triggers me somehow or it doesn't. It's not a matter of who created it.

What can you bring to FASHIONCLASH Maastricht 2011? To be honest: I don't know yet. Hopefully, something inspiring, something that people do not forget immediately after having seen it.


Gunnar's inspiration

What is the concept of your work (for the CLASH project)? I want to create a look out of things that people don't want to have any more. Garbage-to-wear. Fashion in large parts is a throw-away-industry. I don't like that. So I will try to turn it upside down: from the trash bin to the catwalk.

What do you expect from FASHIONCLASH Maastricht 2011? A fun event with nice and creative people.

What are your ambitions? Where do you see yourself in the future? I am more a sort of a drifter, do not think about the future too much. I want to continue doing things I love, the rest will be fine then.




Edited by Natalia Serwanska

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...