dinsdag 23 juni 2015

Ebby Port at FASHIONCLASH Festival 2015

Meet Ebby Port, one of our talented local designers at FASHIONCLASH Festival.
Ebby Port is born in Tilburg but moved to Geleen (Limburg) where she feels more like home.
After studying in Rotterdam and Brussels Ebby decided to live in the area that makes her the happiest.
So now she shares a studio in Sittard with a close friend, Alexander Claessen. Ebby has been designing clothes since 10 years now, since she had her first sewing class.

How would you describe your work ? 
For me my work is always about freedom in a way, or/and a reflection of the time we live in. I get inspired by various aspects of life. But it is always very personal. It is about emotions, what I see around me and the world turing around. I use silkscreen printing technique to develope my fabrics. For me this is a way to express my thought and I enjoy to use this very physical technique. It feels like sculpting in a way.
Have you presented your work before?
I have shown at FASHIONCLASH Festival already too times now.

What do you aspire to be?
I aspire to be a good person and to help others.

What is your most name worthy achievement up to now in relation to fashion ?
My most worthy achievement in relation to fashion is spread out in different moments, it is the time I see someone wearing my design with love and that for a moment I forget it is my design. Another moment is when I take off the silkscreen window of the fabric right after printing and the color combination suprises me. Another worthy achievement is our beautiful studio, everytime, if it is in the morning or at night I feel so happy and grateful to be there.

Who are your artistic influences or inspirations and why? 
Its too difficult to pin point this to one answer. Inspiration is always all around.

Finding your own voice is difficult, where and how do you find your personal creativity ? 
Usually walking helps me to clear my mind. I prefer to take a walk at night when you don't hear or see anyone. Sometimes I  just need some piece of mind to think about what I want to make and to clear my thoughts. Sometimes it takes longer to hear the answer, sometimes the answer comes quickly.

Have you recently experienced something that totally blew your mind?
The works of Henri Matisse in Het Stedelijk museum. The unconditional help of a friend.

Which item in your wardrobe really typifies you and why?
It depends on time, it varies all the time. Right now I it is a big oversized sweatshirt, it is actually for sports but I just love the comfort of it.

What is your most favorite accessory and why? Always the shoes. They can say so much about a person.

What is your most favorite brand and why?
I love all the work by Raf Simons.

Are you a people's person or a loner?
Both at different times.

What do you strive for in your work? 
Authenticity.

What are the key factors in your design?
Colour, comfort, joy.

What makes your items different from others (What is your designing philosophy)?
Maybe some kind of shapelessness.

Fashion needs to progress year in year out, how do you keep innovating?
By loving what I do, and when/if I loose this passion I should stop.

What is your ultimate goal? What do you want to achieve with your projects? 
I really don't know. I guess I just hope that I can help others through my work. To show people that there is more to life.
What are your views on gender categorization in fashion? (as in differentiating between male/female collections, is this necessary ?) 
I do think it is necessary for man and woman to have different shapes. But I love the intertwining of gender codes and  the differences so that it can influence each other.

Do you believe the western binary gender system (male/female) will eventually disappear?
No I think this will broaden but I think we will add a category for people who feel both or neither.

What are your thoughts on the idea that unisex is the new androgynous in fashion?
Man or woman should wear what they want and what ever makes you feel comfortable.

What does your collection try to communicate (what is about)?
It is about night. And all different fascets that you can find in the night; joy, loneliness, quiet or loud music.


Why have you decided to participate at FASHIONCLASH Festival?
Because I think it is a great platform to show my collection.

What has changed/happened since your last attendance at FASHIONCLASH Festival? 
Everything.

http://ebbyport.blogspot.nl





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...