zaterdag 5 mei 2018

Alessandro Trincone - FASHIONCLASH Festival 2018

photo Ilaria D'Atri
Alessandro Trincone is an Italian fashion designer and owner of the brand that bears his name. Winning the FASHIONCLASH Festival talent award 2016, he is now presenting at the FASHIONCLASH Festival for the third time.
In his collections, Alessandro has been researching the topic of gender, focusing on genderless clothing and pushing the barriers of what is traditionally considered 'feminine' or alternatively 'masculine' clothing. This continues to be reflected in his newest collection 'Aroundmi'. The collection takes a stance against the 'massification' and globalisation of style. By breaking down the standard parameters, the collection aims to differ from the masses while still keeping an haute-couture taste.


Alessandro Trincone's collection will be show-cased at the Show Programme on Saturday the 16th of June at the SAM-Decorfabriek. You can get your tickets here.


What made you realize that you wanted to work in (fashion) design?
 Curiosity was what made me realize that I wanted to enter the fashion world. I was curious to experiment my fantasies on the garments and see what will happen.

Why did you choose fashion? 
Actually I didn't choose fashion. It just happened right after high school. I didn't know what I wanted to, do so I just tried. But I'm very happy, because, trying in fashion I realized that was just exactly my world, exactly my position.

Would you say are your main achievements in your career?
The main achievements of my career is for sure the collaboration with Young Thug for his album cover in 2016, the NYFW with Vfiles and the win of FASHIONCLASH Festival 2016  Among the contests won, Fashionhall 2017 in Berlin and Charity Fashion show 2017 in Cambridge stand out.

What are your sources of inspiration?
My source of inspiration is myself. Maybe it sounds selfish as an inspiration, but it's a process that I'm doing with myself to pass over my bad experiences.

Why did you decide to participate in FASHIONCLASH 2018? What are your expectations?
I decided to participate at FASHIONCLASH Festival 2018 because it's my favorite show. People there are friendly, kind, nice and well organized. Seriously, the best show that I ever done.

Alessandro Trincone at FASHIONCLASH 2016


Alessandro Trincone at FASHIONCLASH Festival 2017


What do you love most about (fashion) design? What are the biggest struggles faced by young designers? 
The thing I love most about my job, is the way I can show people what I have in my mind. The biggest struggles for young and emerging designers is that there isn't much support for us. It's very hard to get in the marketing world. And today without marketing and without selling we cannot go ahead with our collections and dreams. But we are strong and we keep fighting to make our dreams come true.

How would you define fashion?
I would define fashion as a different way to express and show who you are.

What do you think are the most important issues in fashion today?
The most important issue in fashion today is the fast fashion. It's augmenting, day by day and at the same time small companies do not always have a chance to grow because of them.

What challenges do you face in the design process? What are your favorite parts of the process?
My favorite part of the process of my design, is doing the research for concept in order to develop the garments and transform my ideas in fashion.

Describe your design process in one word.
Experimental.

How would you describe the concept behind your project (for FASHIONCLASH)?
Aroundmi. Around me, everything around me, everything around us. The world. The people. It took me an accurate research on the topic of gender combined with a strong rejection of sexual discrimination to bring the concept of "genderless" to life. Unlike that of gender, it means no boundaries and restrictions and simply embraces freedom. The collection displays a condemnation of our society imprisoned in conformation and globalization, and praises the artistic diversity. Aroundmi reveals a refined haute couture approach, through a creative handling of garments, an original interpretation of plackets and sartorial shapes and a clear breach of the standard parameters.

Alessandro Trincone at FASHIONCLASH Festival 2017

What inspired you?
My bad experiences inspire me a lot.

How would you describe your project in three words?
 Experimental. Personal. Genderless.

What projects are you involved in at the moment? What are your next steps?
Right now I am working also for an emerging bag company from Naples. My next step is to create a new collection.


What are your thoughts regarding fashion and religion?
For myself, there is not a connection between fashion and religion. I think that they are two different things. Of course this is my theory. I am very religious, but the way I dress is not.

What does your day look like during the design process?
During the design process I spend a lot of time on thinking and draping fabrics, trying to express my feelings on fabric.

Who is your favorite artist?
My favorite artist is the photographer Tim Walker. And my dream is to collaborate with him one day.

Who is your favorite designer?
John Galliano.


For more information, visit his website https://www.alessandrotrincone.com


Alessandro Trincone at FASHIONCLASH 2017



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...