We are Moritz Firchow, David Wolpert, Ina Yamaguchi and Julian Zimmermann from DEUTSCHE & JAPANER. Our studio is based in Mannheim, Germany and offers expertise in various disciplines, such as graphic design and product design.
2. What inspires you as a designer/artist?
In addition to our day-to-day business, we constantly try to push free projects, often in collaboration with fellow artists and designers. Exchange is a great source of inspiration.
3. What is your concept for the Clash Project?
The idea is to NOT try to ‘do fashion’.
4. What is your vision on ‘fashion’?
Fashion was and will be a means of expression.
5. What do you think will be the challenge in the project?
To try not to ‘do fashion’.
6. How do you personally define a “fashion clash” or “a clash with fashion” for yourself?
As a crossroads of perception and inspiration.
7. What do you expect from FASHIONCLASH Maastricht 2012?
To be a feast for the eyes.
Pictures by DEUTSCHE & JAPANER