donderdag 23 juni 2016

Moda Mišić at FASHIONCLASH Festival 2016

Meet Serbian designer Ivana Mišić (Moda Mišić) winner of Fashion Design Talent Competition at Serbia Fashion Week. Her price included participation at FASHIONCLASH Festival 2016.

FASHIONCLASH teamed up with Serbian Fashion Week  with aim to support young talent by means of talent exchange. Part of the SFW programme was the FDTC for Serbian designers, the winner of the competition wins FCF participation. Ivana is following Zorica Jadranski, the winner of FTDC 2015.

You can see Moda Mišić collection ‘Phoenix-Rebirth of woman's strength' at FASHIONCLASH Festival on Saturday July 2 Show 5 22:00. You can get your tickets here.

When did you realize you wanted to be a fashion designer? How long have you been designing clothing? 
When I was a child, I wanted to be a fashion designer when I grow up. My mum sewed me everything I wanted and always according to my idea. Then, when time came, I started going to High school for textile and design and on my second year of study I started designing seriously and actively. Since then 10 years have past.


What are your main achievements in your career at this moment? 
Personally, I learned how to realize all my ideas without problems. I won an award for wining first place on Serbian Fashion Talents Design Competition, an award for most promising young designer and special award from one magazine for foremost designer in my country.

In what projects are you involved at this moment? 
The only project on which I’m working on in the last months is preparation for The FASHIONCLASH Festival. I will present my new collection. At the same time that will be 10 years anniversary of my work.

How would you define fashion? 
The strongest force in the world is love. Fashion is love. I experience fashion like an art. To achieve simplicity we needs to grow. I always ask why we should we make design simple? We need to present creativity, freedom of art. Why be simple if you can be complicated.

Who are your artistic influences or inspirations and why? 
My inspiration comes mostly under the influence of the territory from which I come. During the years I met with different themes. I started design with inspiration of traditional folk costume of my area and that always inspires me again and again. At the Balkans we were under influence of several epochs and the nations who lived here. Because in my collections I always have much details, forms…. I can’t choose only one.

Finding your own voice is difficult, where and how do you find your personal creativity (before you start designing; during the design process)? 
During designing I found myself through everything I worked on.

What challenges did you face during the design process? 
The time is my biggest challenge sometimes. I try to answer all my challenges. I always stick to the theme or task. Every detail has a reason and I follow that. I create the story and ideas for days. I learned to combine and use different materials and technics. We can answer challenges this way we grow.


What do you want to communicate with your designs in general? 
Clothing is the first thing that somebody notice on you and creates a picture of you. I try to design decent dresses but at the same time mystic and moderate
ly provocative. I make dresses to highlight women’s curves. Clothes should be chosen according to occasion. You can be buttoned up to the neck but teasing. On the other hand, I like that where I come from before wearing the wedding dress girls put on traditional wear. I want to make modern clothing with forms or ornaments, motifs from traditional costume wearable in free time.

Can you tell us something about the project you will present at the FASHIONCLASH Festival? 
During my experience every story followed up each other. The collection which I present to FASHIONCLASH Festival is the extension of the winner collection ‘Phoenix-Rebirth of woman’s
strength’. The cut and form is the same. After the rebirth of strong woman everything she carries in
the genes and what her life imposes I will try to connect in one story and find the essence. Incessant battle between good and bad. 10 dresses for 10 years of work.

What does your collection try to communicate (what is it about)? 
A mixture of traditional and contemporary, based on traditional technics of embroidery, pattern, weaving. Dresses were designed and tailored according to the placement of the muscles. Much handwork and details.

What can we expect from you at the festival? 
I will try to bring energy and beauty from area where I come from.


Can you tell us something about your heritage? 
A part from the area where I was born, which is very reach with cultural and historical heritage I‘m a successor of the family occupation. One of my grandfathers is a tailor, the other was a cobbler. Besides all that women in this area expected to know weaving and embroidery. My mission is to use all of that on my creative way.

How is the theme Heritage related to your work (can be also preferred to previous work)? 
It is completely related. I see my participation on FASHIONCLASH Festival as a chance to finally define my own direction. From the beginning my design is based on traditional heritage. Through the ornaments, motifs, form, symbols.

(How) do you reflect your personal heritage into your design(s)? 
In the time of modern technology we are using still handmade technic.

Describe yourself in three words.
Creative, dreamer and emotional.

What’s a standard day for you? 
I like to drink coffee in front of the fireplace if it is winter or on a swing in the garden if it is summer. Then I consider what I shall do that day, go to my workspace and until daybreak I‘m there.

Vegan, vegetarian, healthy diet or any food will do? 
Any food can do for me so I’m not nervous.

What’s your favourite song, food and movie/TV-show at the moment? 
I have many favourite songs which remind me on some nice memories, dear people… Food-paprika prepared in a manner in the city where I studied. Movie- Maleficient. Also I like to watch shows about traveling and history.

What is your bad habit?
I work all night, I‘m a night owl.

Are you a people's person or a loner? 
From time to time, mostly loner. :/

Do you have a pet? 
Yes, I have a dog.

What’s your favourite city? 
In my dream New York. In real life, I like peaceful cities but with lots of entertainment and events.

Are you going on holiday this year? If so, where are you going? 
For now I have no plans. My summer starts when I get back. Work is first. I need to refresh totally.

What/Who do you miss the most when you are not at home? 
My sister if she isn’t with me.

More information: https://www.facebook.com/FashionDesignersIvanaSuzanaMisic

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...