woensdag 6 april 2011

LUKASZ STEPIEN by Lukasz Stepien


Lukasz
  What is your name? Łukasz Stępień (Lukasz Stepien)

 What is the name of your label? LUKASZ STEPIEN

 What inspires you as a designer? I'm inspired by Multitasking    forms, multiple use of clothing, building construction of new clothes, often derived from the architecture. My clothes are intended to reflect my style in the trends of the season concerned.

 Who is your favorite fashion designer? Why? My favorite designer is Martin Margiela. I appreciate him since he shows his style, in whatever form you can always recognize his style. He has its own approach to fashion that he guards and his fashion is an art rather than just displaying clothes.

Another designer whose work I value very highly is John Richmond. His collections are a combination of classic design with a new idea of the men's fashion.

What the both have in common is that they always show something new in men’s fashion, something what no one else has done so far.

What can you bring to FASHIONCLASH Maastricht 2011? The moment I heard about FASHIONCLASH I thought it was a good opportunity to show my collection.


What do you expect from the FASHIONCLASH Maastricht 2011? I expect that my fashion and style will appeal to a wide audience. I also hope to make new friends in the fashion industry and gain recognition and customers on the new market.


Sketch, collection fall 2010


How did your experience with fashion started? When did you decide to be a fashion designer?
It began eight years ago. I felt that I had nothing to wear, and so I began designing for myself. Gradually my projects were gaining recognition. Then I was offered a job in Parisian company owned by Diesel, where I realized fashion is what I want to do.

What are your goals concerning your career? What are your ambitions? Where do you see yourself in the future?  I am already developing my own brand in Poland and abroad. My clothes receive recognition among men, but not only. I will always promote my own style and its individuality in men's fashion, but of course I do not exclude working for large fashion house.



Lukasz at work



Edited by: Natalia Serwanska

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...