dinsdag 5 juni 2012

Lucia Cabanova presents "(un)weave me"

1. Please introduce yourself to our readers. (Who are you, where do you come from and what is your field of specialization?) 
My name is Lucia Cabanova, I am a fashion designer based in Belgium but I originally come from Slovakia. I love designing garments for men and women.I am also a blog contributor to certain fashion/arts magazine.

2. Can you talk us through the concept of your projects? 
My projects are usually a mixture of artisanal pieces with classical garments.

3. Please tell us more about your collection. 
I will be showing my new womenswear collection called "(un)weave me" and it is all about exploring various artisanal techniques while combining them with more classical pieces. 


4. What are the process and the feelings you go through when creating a collection? 
Creating a collection is definitely stressful, but at the same time very exciting! I start out with an idea or inspiration but I never know what the exact outcome will be right from the start. Creating a collection is definitely a process of putting things together, then taking them apart and then re-making them again until the very last moment.


5. Where do you go to clear your mind and find inspiration? 
I love travelling and discovering new places. It’s the perfect way to clear my mind and start with a fresh idea.

 
6. What does FCM 2012 mean to you? 
It definitely gives me a great opportunity to show my designs to the fashion world, or at least a part of it! And I think it’s also a good way to meet other designers and discover their work.


7. How do you personally define “fashionclash” or “a clash with fashion” for yourself? 
The idea of garments not acting as clothes in the traditional sense, but rather as a piece of art that people want to observe and feel just as much as they want to wear them.












Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...