dinsdag 10 juni 2014

ZWYRD by Grzegorz Marcisz

In May, Laurens and Branko, two of the artistic directors of FASHIONCLASH, went to Poland to attend the 10th edition of FashionPhilosophy Fashion Week Poland. During the event they had the pleasure to invite one designer to participate in the FASHIONCLASH Festival 2014.

The lucky talent is Grzegorz Marcisz and his label ZWYRD. Grzegorz is Polish and only a second year student at the Strzeminski Academy of Fine Arts in Lodz.

Picture of ZWYRD's show during the Fashion Philosophy Fashion Week Poland


Hello, Grzegorz! Please introduce yourself. Who are you? Where do you come from? What is your field of specialization? 
Hello! My name is Grzegorz Marcisz and I come from a small village in Poland called Poraj. The name of my brand is ZWYRD. I am currently a second year student of the Strzemiński Academy of Fine Arts in Lodz. I’m into everything that has to do with art: fashion, painting, sculpture, music and skateboarding.

What inspires you in general? 
Music, movies, nature, people, feelings...

What place or city do you find inspiring? 
Poznań and Berlin.

Core at Fashion Philosophy Fashion Week Poland
Pasarella photography
Core at Fashion Philosophy Fashion Week Poland
Pasarella photography


























What is it like to be a young designer in Poland? 
I think it’s hard because Polish people don’t earn enough money to buy themselves designer items. 

What attracts you about the FASHIONCLASH platform? 
The fact that it is a new experience for me and the opportunity to show my collection in the Netherlands. It means a lot that I can show my debut collection abroad to new people and see their reactions.

What is the concept behind your latest collection? 
Core is a collection inspired by heavy and mysterious music, a deciduous forest in autumn and a fascination with the structure of bark. The colors used are orange and faded grey, violet alongside navy blue jeans. The whole is broken up with lighter outlines in which the material used has original prints imitating a long braid of hair. The Core is something, which has been covered with layers of material. This can refer to a human being whose layers of problems may cause his true personality to disappear.

Did you always want to work in the field of fashion? 
No, but I’ve always loved clothes and originality in style. Also I’ve always wanted to express myself through my clothes. To me, it is a form of art.

Can you remember the first piece you designed? 
Yes, it was a futuristic hoodie with huge hood. 

Do you have a muse? If yes, who is it and why? 
Interesting people on the street are often my source of inspiration. Other people that inspire me are my idols, my friends, and my mother because her job, teaching children to play the piano, is her passion and because she always supported me.

What kind of feeling do you want to transfer with your latest collection? 
I want to give the impression of a forest in the twilight in which you feel alone between the trees. The feeling should be one of fear of the dark and loneliness, but I also want to bring up some psychedelic feelings.

What is on your playlist when you are working? 
Lots of good heavy, rock music as well as rap and even some classical music.

Grzegorz shot by Anna Kedziora
What book shaped you? 
I don’t really read books that much, but the autobiography of Marilyn Manson called “Long Hard Road out of Hell” really stuck in my head.

Who is your favorite fashion designer? 
Right now, Rick Owens and Alexander Wang.

What is the latest thing you bought for yourself? 
A vest from Zara!

What is your favorite fairy tale and why? 
I don’t really have a favorite fairy tale but from my childhood I have vivid memories of Toy Story.

If your life were a song what would the title be? 
Paranoid by Black Sabbath and Ace of Spades by Motörhead.

What made you smile today? 
The fact that I will be participating at the FASHIONCLASH Festival.

Twitter or Instagram? 
I don’t have any of this, so Facebook.

What is your definition of style? 
It’s something you create on your own. It’s creating your own world that you are showing to the rest of the people around you.

What has been the greatest experience in your ‘fashion’ career so far? 
My participation in Fashion Week Poland.

What can we expect from you in the future? 
That I will concretize all my ideas and show them to the biggest group of people.

Curious about ZWYRD? Don't miss and get your ticket for the Fashion Show of the 15th of June at 6.30pm here: www.fashionclash.nl/tickets

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...