dinsdag 13 mei 2014

Bora Hong

The Faces Wall
Bora is originally from Seoul, South Korea, but she now lives and works in Berlin. She graduated from the Design Academy in Eindhoven last year where she did a MA in Contextual Design. She mainly focused on social issues and especially beauty and body cultures. Her collection will be presented during the exhibition.

Hello Bora! What inspires you in general? 
Our behaviour in normal life and in public.

What place or city do you find inspiring? 
South Korea and its Cosmetic Surgery culture, on which I am now working.

What attracts you about the FASHIONCLASH platform? 
I’ve mainly worked on interior design and object design, but I consider FASHIONCLASH as the platform that can bring a lot of freedom in fashion. I would love to share some ideas about the themes of “age” and beauty with some inspiring people.

The FASHIONCLASH Exhibition is curated under the theme of "Age." How does your creation relate to this year’s theme? 
My project about Cosmetic Surgery is also dealing with age. The way we can preserve our body and stay younger is one of our basic instincts. I love the idea of exploring the body as an object of design. 

How and why did you become an artist? 
I have always wanted to discover stories about people and tell those stories using my own skills. As a designer/artist we can visualize concepts and ideas and communicate them to others.

Do you have a muse? If yes, who is it and why? 
Oh! So many!

What kind of feeling do you want to transfer with your creation? 
I am working seriously and research the topics I use in depth, but I also have a sense of humour. I like dealing with serious stories, but I find it important to not lose my sense of humor.

Who is your favourite artist/designer? 
Oh, so many of them.

If your life were a song what would the title be? 
“Something, something, something” – Me and my friends actually made the song, and we sing it all the time.

What made you smile today? 
Your questions.

Twitter or Instagram? 
I have both, but I never use them.

What is your definition of style? 
Dark.

What has been the greatest experience in your career so far? 
I was in a live TV show during the Milan Design Festival. It was super exciting (watch the video here).

What can we expect from you in the future? 
I would love to keep working on my own, but I would also really love to help people who follow design studies.

Pictures: Bora Hong
Bora's website: www.bora-hong.com

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...