donderdag 22 mei 2014

Hana Frisonsova

Hana is fashion and accessories designers from Prague, Czech Republic. She grew up with science fiction and hand-made techniques, which she defines as her specializations. Her collection will be showcased during the Fashion Shows.

Hi Hana! What inspires you in general? 
Dancing like crazy, the view from my window, biking around the river, strange encounters. Everything basically.

What place or city do you find inspiring? 
At the moment, I’m inspired by Prague and some of its places are reflecting in my work. I like the strong historical background, the underground places and the contrasts between the romantic side of the city and its roughness.

What is it like to be a young designer in your city/country? 
There is only a small community of designers here. It’s not hard to go public, but it is hard to find customers, money and investors. We are mostly using our creativity to make things out of nothing.


Last year you took part in the FASHIONCLASH Exhibition. How was the experience for you? 
It was great to be part of it! After my installation, I took the time to enjoy the shows, see what was going on, and just be impressed.

What is the concept behind you latest collection? 
It’s about groups of various people who are going to the future. They integrate into the virtual world and discover new technologies and culture. They use their native heritage to express themselves: everything is mixed together in parallel realities.

Hana's previous collection

Describe your collection in three words: 
Chaotic, virtual, reality.

Did you always want to work in the field of fashion? 
Not really. I was more into maths, technology and construction when I was younger. I did like handcrafted techniques and sawing. It's only when I turned 20 that I started making projects and collections.

Can you remember the first piece you designed? 
It was probably something for one of my dolls. I preferred lego constructions.

Hana's previous collection
Do you have a muse? If yes, who is it and why? 
I like creating my own muses.

You work with traditional techniques in a contemporary manner. Could you explain your interest in such techniques? 
My mother taught me many of it in my childhood. I love having this heritage and passing it on through my work. It’s amazing to create something from a ball of yarn. It is a very relaxing and strong process.

What kind of feeling do you want to transfer with your latest collection? 
Spontaneity, dynamism, dreaminess…

What is on your playlist when you are working? 
Oscar Key Sung, Sohn, Zebra Katz, SSION, SBTRKT, Flying Lotus, …

Who is your favorite designer? 
It’s hard to say. I’m impressed by so many!

What is the latest you bought for yourself? 
An orchid. I haven’t had a plant in a long time so hope I hope this one survives!


What is your favorite fairy tale? 
The Labyrinth because of Bowie.

What is your favorite movie? 
The Fifth Element, Blade Runner, Donnie Darko, Dune, Moon, etc.

What made you smile today? 
The rain.

What is your definition of style? 
It has to make you feel comfortable in who you are.

What has been the greatest experience in your ‘fashion’ career so far? 
The 11 Festival for Fashion and Photography in Vienna during which I was awarded a price for supporting Central and Eastern Europe. It was my first fashion festival  and I liked the atmosphere a lot. Art, performances, photography and fashion were mixed beautifully.

What can we expect from you in the future? 
I don’t want to know, I like surprises.


For more information about Hana's work, have a look at there website: www.hanafrisonsova.com

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...