donderdag 15 mei 2014

Olga Jazepova

Today we have the pleasure to introduce you to Olga Jazepova, an Estonian Footwear Designer and Trend Forecaster. She will participate to the Designer Market.

Hello, Olga! Please introduce yourself. 
Hello FASHIONCLASH Team, it is a great pleasure of mine to be introduced in your blog! My name is Olga Jazepova, I am an Estonian Footwear designer and trend forecaster, a creative traveller. I was born in Tallinn, Estonia 25 years ago, where I began my artistic and design path.

Where are you based?
I just moved to Tilburg, the Netherlands, some weeks ago.

What inspires you in general?
I am inspired by changes, growth and motion. You can find those three actions practically in anything that evolves and is driven by pure energy and passion for expanding, gaining strength and new heights. For me, life is an equivalent of movement, travelling, learning new things, experiencing foreign cultures, traditions, sounds and tastes. Life in general inspires my mind.

What place or city do you find inspiring?
I love travelling and meeting new people, so it is very hard to pick up one. But Japanese heritage always was the key of my interest. Speaking about cities, Tokyo and Kyoto are the ones that inspire and balance the simple sensitivity of beauty with an innovative spirit.

What is it like to be a young designer in Estonia?
I haven’t lived in Estonia for several years, but it is a great honour to be always supported and welcomed there. I always like to go back there and experience some nostalgic time.

What attracts you about the FASHIONCLASH platform?
The concept of merging with the evolving new disciplines, bringing up together passionate people, blasting the creative spirituality. I position my work in between the same context and strongly believe in changing the future standards and perspectives on things and values.

What is the concept behind your latest collection?
The ORBITHA footwear capsule collection aims to bound artistic visionary symbolism with the simplicity of minimalism. As I see, each person has their own intensity “orbit”. Likewise planets and people spin around their “axis” reeling up experiences of their existence, growing their inner personality and magnifying visionary gravitation upon the world. Inspired by the motion of two planets which differ from others in our solar system; Uranus, extremely cold and large – Venus incandescently hot. Both have the right to a harmonious existence.

Did you always want to work in the field of fashion?
I am curious, and I do try to mix my creative thinking with people from other disciplines by collaborating or simply sharing the vision about the future. I believe, the future is about collaborating, finding the solution and improvement.

Can you remember the first piece you designed?
Yes, and I consider this memory to be very important. I tried designing many things before I made my final decision on footwear. I am very grateful for having any experiences I have ever gained, had a quite long path, which opened my mind to the world I am now living in.

Do you have a muse? If yes, who is it and why?
Good music was always my muse. I like to “see” the sounds. It is a vital part of my creative process. Because only music can create the proper atmosphere for getting into design, collecting the  feelings and helping to concentrate on the visual translation of it.

What kind of feeling do you want to transfer with your latest collection?
I wanted to express positive emotion of merging sobriety of times contained in a sensual orbital bound of contemporaneity.

What on your playlist when you are working?
It can be anything, depends on my mood. But I must admit, that Dead Can Dance had always a  great influence on my work.

What book shaped you?
My mother's medical textbooks, which I secretly studied when I was a child.

Who is your favourite fashion designer?
I like many designs by many designers and brands, it is a part of my curious nature: to discover. Working in the past as a Fashion and Footwear Trend forecaster, I experienced astonishing emotions evoked by great works of others. But being a designer, I try to keep it aside of my creativity of having favourites. 

What is the latest thing you bought for yourself?
A train ticket to Brussels.

What is your favourite fairy tale and why?
I prefer creating them myself.

If your life were a song what would the title be?
Never give up!

What made you smile today?
My memories from my last travels.

Twitter or Instagram?
My way of communication is image, @olgajazepova

What is your definition of style?
Simple shapes, minimum decoration with some vintage accessories. Black.

What has been the greatest experience in your ‘fashion’ career so far?
Merging all possible fashion and design disciplines, getting inspired, giving directions and inspire others all around the world. These are the things that make me happy. Happiness is the most important thing you need in the things you do in life.

What can we expect from you in the future?
More passionate discoveries, international creative collaborations, exhibitions and a new personal footwear collection.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...