maandag 16 april 2012

Lilach Eliyahu

1. Please introduce yourself to our readers. (Who are you, where do you come from and what is your field of specialization?)
My name is Lilach Eliyahu, I'm 28 years old. I was born and raised in Israel but now I'm living in Barcelona. I grew up in a family that moved a lot because of my father's work. All of those transitions were not an easy thing for a young girl but at the same time they were an educator. Thanks to that I got to meet many different people, habits and ways of living and thus, formed the theme of my final project. I believe my childhood memories and events turned out to be a major influence on the person I am today.

 2. Tell us a little bit about the concept behind your collection?
My inspiration is a childhood memory. When I was a little girl my family and I moved a lot, from the city to the suburbs and even to the Kibbutz. All of those transitions left me with the feeling that I don't have a clear nostalgia. In my collection I use parts of dolls’ and little girls’ dresses. Although the collection looks very colorful and sweet, when you take a closer look you can see that it is not as sweet as it seems. The collection demonstrates the dialogue between the child, the new woman and her old doll. I used knit, quilt, chiffon, silk and other fabrics from the child's world.



3. Your collection is very colorful and playful – Where do you get your inspiration from? 
I'm getting my inspiration from my memories, dreams, people on the street, art and film. And I adore the street fashion of Japan and London.

4. If you were to describe your collection in only 3 keywords which ones would you choose?
 Western Fruit!

5. What fascinates you about fashion design and why did you choose this path as a profession?
I believe my role as a designer is to bring a moment of joy into people's lives. Although I studied fashion design I believe a designer can take part at any field related to design, because she/he has the desire to make the world a little more decorated, comfortable and nice for people. In my designs, I like to incorporate colors and textures as well as developing fabrics that give the garment a value-added. The details and appearance of the inner layer of garments are important to me because it's like a secret shared only between the garment and the person who is wearing it.

6. How do you personally define „fashion clash“or „ a clash with fashion“for yourself? 
I think that fashion “clash” needs to be a combination between art and wearable clothes. It's important to me to have a clear subject and inspiration which will make the clothes with value-added. It needs to be interesting and joyful in different kinds of ways.

































Pictures by Zohar Shitrit

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...