donderdag 19 april 2012

Meet Anne-Kathrin Bannier


Anne-Kathrin Bannier presented her graduation collection at FASHIONCLASH Maastricht 2011 and with the same collection she was selected for Lichting 2011 and Modebelofte 2011 (best of fashion graduates in Holland). We are happy that we will showcase her brand new work in the exhibition of FASHIONCLASH Maastricht 2012.




1. Please introduce yourself to our readers. (Who are you, where do you come from and what is your field of specialization?) 
Hi. My name is Anne-Kathrin Bannier. I am a German fashion designer who graduated from the ABK Maastricht (the Netherlands) last year. I specialize in unisex fashion. 




2. What made you choose knitwear to incorporate into your collection? 
I’ve always had a weakness for knitwear. I am a passionate hand-knitter. Moreover, knitwear is my all-time favourite and never out of fashion. 


3. Tell us something about the concept behind your collection. 
It is a very personal collection about the sense of coming home. On the one hand a feeling of security and on the other hand a feeling of being trapped simultaneously yearning for distance and fear of leaving the warm nest. Finally, the collection should fire the beholder’s imagination. 
  

4. Can you tell us more about the choice of colors in your project? 
I love to work with contrasting colors and textiles. A chary beige is accompanied by a bloody red, woolen character versus metal glitter. 


5. How do you personally define „fashionclash“ or „ a clash with fashion“ for yourself? 
I experience it as a permanent conflict that does not have to be dissolved. I try to work with this conflict in a creative manner. So it stays diverse and motivates me every day again. 

http://www.akbannier.tumblr.com/


Anne-Kathrin Bannier at FASHIONCLASH Maastricht 2011
pictures by Peter Stigter.
















Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...