vrijdag 27 mei 2016

Dario Scapitta Design at FASHIONCLASH Festival 2016

Meet Dario Scapitta, a very talented Italian 3D-printed-jewelry designer based in the Netherlands. First he studied jewelry design in his hometown and town of Italian goldsmiths, Valenza. After that he studied set and interior design at the Academy of Fine Arts of Brera in Milan. Up until now he has been designing jewelry for over ten years.

You can see and buy Dario Scapitta´s work at Designer Market. Friday July 1 open at 18:30 and Saturday July 2 open at 16:00 (free entrance).

When did you realize you wanted to be a designer? How long have you been designing jewelry? 
Since high school I have realized that design was my future. Jewelry design has become my way to make my creativity real. I'm working as a jewelry designer since almost 20 year now, It is my passion and it always will be.

What are your main achievements in your career at this moment? 
I had the possibility to start my own brand and to design my own collections. It is not always easy of course but I got used to is, it is my life.

In what projects are you involved at this moment? 
Right now I am designing and developing the new DSD collection. I am also working on a collaboration with a Polish company.

How would you define fashion?
Fashion is changing very fast. Nowadays it must be a way to be. Especially it has to be the way to express yourself, your style and personality

'I do not want to be a slave of the fashion rules, my collections are not strictly seasonal and they come out when they are ready.'

Who are your artistic influences or inspirations and why? 
From classic to modern artists, all the greatest masters are inspiring me with their work. From Leonardo da Vinci to Picasso, from ancient Egypt to Keith Haring we just have to learn from them and be inspired by them.

Finding your own voice is difficult, where and how do you find your personal creativity (before you start designing; during the design process)? 
Inspiration comes suddenly as a flash in the dark. A shape, a form that came out from something you have seen around you. Then it starts to be an obsession and I need to transfrom it into a jewel or a body ornaments. It is always evolving and transforming and it takes it's own time until it becomes a final product.

What challenges did you face during the design process? 
Time, costs, deadlines. There are so many things, it is not always easy to control all these factors being an independent designer. But I do not want to be a slave of the fashion rules, my collections are not strictly seasonal and they come out when they are ready.

What do you want to communicate with your designs in general? 
Digitally crafted accessories can be elegant and glamorous. They can meet the taste of the wearer and let him/her feel comfortable by wearing it.

Can you tell us something about the project you will present at the FASHIONCLASH Festival?
I will show the FASHIONCLASH public my collections, showing how technology can meet elegance offering a new way to design jewelry.

What does your collection try to communicate (what is it about)? 
A new interpretation of jewelry. Accessories with a new different taste. Jewelry is not only made by precious materials.

Why have you decided to participate at FASHIONCLASH Festival? 
Because it will certainly be the best way to meet talented new designers, to get inspired and to present my collections to a more specialized public.

What can we expect from you at the FASHIONCLASH Festival? 
A mix of innovative and classic designs combined with a touch of glam and elegance.

Can you tell us something about your heritage? 
Heritage is made by my experiences, my traditions and what I have learned from my faulty and successful experiences.

Describe yourself in three words 
Creative, enthusiast, dreamer

What’s a standard day for you? 
Waking up, coffee and milk with some cookies. Turn my PC on, check my mails. Checking my agenda and trying to make a day plan that mostly already changes within the next two hours!

Vegan, vegetarian, healthy diet or any food will do? 
Absolutely any food will do, there are too much delicious things to be vegan!

What’s your favourite song, food and movie/TV-show at the moment? 
I love lounge, jazz and classic music to listen to when I'm working or just to relax. Any kind of food, right now I love Asian, Middle East and of course Italian food... and with the spring/summer season BBQ! I don't really watch TV shows, I prefer a good movie.

What is your bad habit? 
Lucky me, I stopped smoking... but how can I live without jelly candies?


Are you a people's person or a loner? 
Both I guess, I love to have (a few) good friends but also to have my spaces.

Do you have a pet? 
Dafne and Snoepje, my lovely two cats!

What’s your favourite city? 
Venice... but then Milan, Rome... and the list goes on.

Are you going on holiday this year? If so, where are you going? 
We just bought a new house, so no holiday... but maybe a couple of days in Venice or Paris? Will see...

What/Who do you miss the most when you are not at home? 
The couch and the garden.

Who are your target consumers? - How do you define them? 
Girls and ladies who love contemporary jewelry and elegant accessories with a modern twist. Not just a fashionista, but a woman with taste and who is looking for something especially for her.

What is your price range? - How do you balance between the function of the items and the appearance of them? 
Price range is between 39€ and 255€. Thanks to the lightness of the materials that are used, my jewels have the perfect balance between function and appearance.

For more information about Dario: http://www.darioscapittadesign.com/

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...