donderdag 16 juni 2016

Klu by Edyta Jermacz at FASHIONCLASH Festival 2016

photo by Lukasz Zylka
Polish designer Edyta Jermacz is a graduate of the Faculty of Industrial Design at the Academy of Applied Arts in Poznań. In 2012 she established Klu by Edyta Jermacz, a unisex streetwear fashion brand focussing on unexpectable combinations of prints and patterns. The new collection ‘Flawless 3D’ is inspired by plastic surgeries and never ending obsession with perfection.

You can see and buy Klu by Edyta´s work at Designer Market. Friday July 1 open at 18:30 and Saturday July 2 open at 16:00 (free entrance).

When did you realise you wanted to be a fashion designer?  
I realised it when I was 6 years old after I found out that I couldn´t be a ballet dancer.

What are your main achievements in your career at this moment? 
I would like to develop my fashion idea´s beyond the Polish borders.

How would you define fashion? 
Fashion is a strong tool to create a persona.


Who are your artistic influences or inspirations and why? 
Abstraction and emotions are my main source for inspiration. I’m a big fan of different sorts of abstraction, hardcore and unexpected beauty. I love the hardcore movies as „Kynodonthas”, „Pietà” , „Breaking the Waves” … Everything what amazes me or surprises me are valuable sources of inspiration. My masters are Haruki Murakami, Darren Arnofsky, Lars von Trier , Alexander McQueen, Iris von Herpen and many more.
photo by Lukasz Zylka

'Fashion is a strong tool to create a persona.'

Finding your own voice is difficult, where and how do you find your personal creativity (before you start designing; during the design process)? 
I dont think it's difficult to find my own voice, I think it's more difficult to dare to use it. It is a matter of courage and finding the way to share the story.

What challenges did you face during the design process? 
Every new season is a challenge.

What do you want to communicate with your designs in general? 
I want to tell my story.

Can you tell us something about the project you will present at the FASHIONCLASH Festival? 
I will present my two latest collections with 3D graphics at the Designer Market.

What does your collection try to communicate (what is it about)? 
Every collection is a different story to tell: Flawless 3D is about obsession to be a perfect beauty queen, Love 3D is about having your mind blown by love.

Why have you decided to participate at FASHIONCLASH Festival? 
I believe it will be an appropriate place for what I’m doing.

photo by Lukasz Zylka
What can we expect from you at the festival? 
You can expect a big sale of me because I’m a market participant. :D

Describe yourself in three words. 
Unisex fashion dealer

What’s a standard day for you? 
Work, work, Facebook, work, Facebook, food, fitness, work, sleep.

Vegan, vegetarian, healthy diet or any food will do? 
I eat healthy but the main reason is because I really like the healthy food in the beginning. I don't like the taste of meat, I love seafood and all kind of vegetables and fruits.

What’s your favourite song, food and movie/TV-show at the moment? 
Song - at the moment SOS, cover of Portishead by ABBA
Food - I like Asian food (Chinese, Thai, and Italian food: pasta everyday is fine for me)

What is your bad habit? 
I’m not consistent, and I easily fall in different kind of addictions.

Are you a people's person or a loner? 
Actually both, I feel good with many people around, but I’m not so easy to open myself up to many people.

What’s your favourite city? 
Barcelona, generally I feel very good in Spain.

Are you going on holiday this year? If so, where are you going
FSAHIONCLASH? :D
photo by Lukasz Zylka

What/Who do you miss the most when you are not at home? 
Mother, and my friends.

Who are your target consumers? - How do you define them? 
I think my consumers are people with a distance to themselves. From my experience, they are looking for some special pieces (based on consumers I met personally or by social media), they are openminded and positive.

What is your price range? - How do you balance between the function of the items and the appearance of them? 
Price range is 50 - 300 euro, I will also bring some extra sale outlet pieces. I try to combine functional products with some unique pieces or accessories making the story more easy to understand.

Read more about Edyta and her brand here: http://www.edytajermacz.com/

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...