dinsdag 28 juni 2016

MC FOOL by Malou Fool at FASHIONCLASH Festival 2016

FASHIONCLASH Festival 2014
Malou Fool is not a new name at FASHIONCLASH Festival, she presented her collections on the catwalk in previous editions.
This year you can buy her designs at the Designer Market.

Mallow graduated at the Willem de Kooning Academie in 2011, after an Internship at Jeroen van Tuyl. Her collection was published in the newspaper NRC Next with the subtitle "Designers for the Future". Malou decided to use her vision on menswear to start a label of her own: MC FOOL by Malou Fool. The label presents a modern menswear label and redefines the male wardrobe from the classic clothes.

You can see and buy Malou Fool's work at the Designer Market. Friday July 1 open at 18:30 and Saturday July 2 open at 16:00 (free entrance).

When did you realise you wanted to be a fashion designer? 
Since the age of 5 years old I have something with soft and colorful cloth. Until the age of 10 I was always touching a soft synthetic scarf in my hand when I was sucking my thumb. Maybe that is the reason where my sense of cloth comes from. It even went so far that there were holes falling in my scarf. Then my mother had to buy me a new one otherwise I didn’t sleep. I was also a very creative child, always busy with painting and drawing. I followed drawing lessons and I have combined my secondary school period with lessons at The Royal Academy of Art (KABK) in The Hague. After my secondary school I went to the Willem de Kooning Academy to study Fashion.

What are your main achievements in your career at this moment? 
Two years ago I have won the FASHIONCLASH Shoe Design Challenge powered by Invito. The price of the challenge was quite amazing. The menswear shoe collection I had designed was taken into production by Invito.

FASHIONCLASH Festival 2014
How would you define fashion? 
Fashion is a way of expressing yourself.

Who are your artistic influences or inspirations and why? 
For my collections I get inspired by collected objects that give me a certain feeling. From that feeling I can make sketches for a new collection. Also inspirational for me are the people on the street. I get inspired by people who know to combine different kind of clothes or accessories together.

Finding your own voice is difficult, where and how do you find your personal creativity (before you start designing; during the design process)? 
Finding your own voice is difficult, there are so many designers all over the world. You have to express yourself /your design with a personal stamp. Like a singer that people know by his or her voice. That is the same with designs. You have to find something, like a little detail, a special color or treatment, or something else that people will notice. So they will recognize it immediately and they will say”: “Look, that is a real MCFOOL by Malou Fool”. By designing this collection of bags and accessories I have developed my personal stamp during the design process.

What challenges did you face during the design process? 
To make functional bags for men, so they can put a laptop and other kind of stuff in it. But at the same time the bags and accessories have to look classic and sportsmanlike.

Can you tell us something about the project you will present at the FASHIONCLASH Festival?
I have made timeless and classic leather bags and accessories for men. My collection of bags and accessories can be combined by every outfit. Some bags are more classic, others will be more sportsmanlike. So for every man there will be a MCFOOL by Malou Fool bag.


Why have you decided to participate at FASHIONCLASH Festival? 
In the past I have participated in FASHIONCLASH Festival 2013 and 2014. Both years I did the fashionshows. This year it is time to sell my handmade products that I have made till now. The fashionshows are more creative and crazier. This year I have decided to participate in the fashion market, to hear what people like of my designs, to talk with them and to persuade them to buy my products. Let’s say there is more interaction between the people and the designer.

What can we expect from you at the festival?
You can expect from me classical and timeless designs. There are a lot of timeless leather accessories like bags, wallets, sleeves and cases. My designs are not meant for one season. They are timeless and so durable that you can use them for several years.

What has changed/happened since your last attendance at FASHIONCLASH Festival? 
There has happened a lot. I’m still busy with building my brand. It goes slow. Every time I make a little step further in my carrier.

FASHIONCLASH Festival 2014

Describe yourself in three words. 
Creative, perfectionist and social.

What’s a standard day for you? 
Just start the day with a shower, take breakfast and after that I will just work all day long.

Are you a people's person or a loner? 
That depends of what I’m doing. In my nonworking time I ‘m a person people. I like to have friends, my family or other people around me, to go out and visit things. But in my work I’m more often a loner because then I can reach better results, I can be more focused on my designs, on drawing and making them.

What’s your favourite city?
New York by far

Are you going on holiday this year? If so, where are you going? 
Unfortunately, I am not going on holiday this year, I have to work.

What is your price range? 
My price range goes from 39, 95 – 329,00 euro.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...