maandag 6 juni 2011

Ulrik Martin Larsen for the second time at FASHIONCLASH Maastricht

CHOREOGRAPHED- sketch
What is your name? Ulrik Martin Larsen

What is the name of your label? Ulrik Martin Larsen

Where did you study and when did you graduate? At the Danish Design School, graduated in 2008 and currently I’m a PhD student in Fashion at the Swedish School of Textiles

What inspires you as a designer? I would rather answer what drives me as a designer, I´m driven by and interested in ideas, and how to accomplish, realize, visualize and communicate those.

Who is your favorite designer? Why? There are a number of people I admirer for different reasons…no one mentioned, no one forgotten…

What can you bring to FASHIONCLASH Maastricht 2011 Could you also tell us how do you recall the last edition of the event, since to took part in it as well? Any surprises? What did you learn maybe? This year I will bring a series of films that deal with the ritual of getting dressed or undressed and how to elevate and challenge this familiar action through performance and choreography/movement. I am collaborating with dancers from the Royal Danish Ballet and the talented filmmaker Dimitris Vulalas. The working title of the project is: THE CHOREOGRAPHED GARMENT.

I was fortunate enough to participate in FASHIONCLASH Maastricht 2010, and I was really impressed with the professionalism and quality level of the event. The location was spectacular and I met a lot of interesting people who work in the same field.

CHOERORAPHED -sketch
What do you expect from the FASHIONCLASH Maastricht 2011? I expect to see a great selection of designers and artists and to discover the work of established people but also new unseen talents. The combination of exhibitions and fashion shows is great.

How did your experience with fashion started? When did you decide to be a (fashion) designer? I decided to be a designer many years ago, I have always enjoyed creating and making things and somehow fashion seemed to connect to a lot of different areas that hold my interest.

I believe that interesting fashion only exists if there is a certain degree of artistry involved and ”good” art in my opinion includes a level of craftsmanship. I don´t need to put a label on my profession but I aspire to include aspects of craftsmanship and artistry in my work.

What are your goals concerning your career? What are your ambitions? Where do you see yourself in the future? I hope be able to show my work in different contexts, continue my collaborations and develop my research into new methods, processes and expressions that hopefully will be a valid contribution to fashion/art…and last but not least to have fun while doing it!


Ulrik's studio.















Edited by Natalia Serwanska

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...