donderdag 10 mei 2012

Introducing “AKKADIAN” by Daniela Barros

1. Please introduce yourself to our readers. (Who are you, where do you come from and what is your field of specialization?) 
My name is Daniela Barros, I´m Portuguese and I live in Oporto, Portugal. I attended the Oporto Fashion School where I specialized in fashion design. 


2. Tell us a little bit about the concept behind your collection. 
My collection was build based on the way of construction. Each piece has geometry and symmetry elements and is build as a sculpture. 
I look at my work as art. 





3. How did you get inspired to create this collection? 
The inspiration for this collection is a segment of the search. It is a continuation of the past collection but with more work on geometry and with more intensive search for a new way to build a piece. 
 

4. What does the name “AKKADIAN” say about your collection? 
AKKADIAN is a mythological goddess and is the main inspiration for this collection. She has a bipolar character which is transmitted through ambiguous silhouettes, and which serves as the collection’s aura. A severe rigid and austere figure is opposed by a feminine and fluid touch. The idea of a divine, earthly and edgy mix, sullen opposed to light transmitted by colors and the hats which allude to bird’s heads are the main themes because it is a symbol of AKKADIAN. 
 

5. How is this collection different than the ones you have done before? 
This collection is a grown up collection. It is a segment of my work but more worked out in the structure and in the modeling process. 


6. How did you find out about FCM 2012? 
I met Nawie and Branko at Paris during [C-KULT] and they told me about this project. 


7. How do you personally define “fashion clash” or “a clash with fashion” for yourself? 
For me a fashion clash is a parallel of ideas and projects. In all of my collections I suffer a fashion clash during my creative process which is needed and which is what made me grow as a designer. 






Pictures by Carlos Teixeira





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...