woensdag 30 mei 2012

Introducing Peter Godijn

1. Please introduce yourself to our readers. (Who are you, where do you come from and what is your field of specialization?) 
My name is Peter Godijn. I was born in the Netherlands in 1978 and I am currently working in Amsterdam as a fashion photographer. My interest in photography began at the Gerrit Rietveld Academy in Amsterdam where I attended the film department.
This contrariness represents my believe that the most effective process is rarely the most obvious one. Having discovered photography, I assisted for a while before begining my own assignments. At this very moment, I’m focusing on progressive image-making projects and scripting story lines which reflect culture. 


2. How did you get the idea of thunder? 
The series was intended to be an editorial and it was published in 2011. The work is quite personal in a way. Due to some events, I felt the need to become a little more introspective. The beauty of the solemn stillness in nature before or after a thunder storm reflects the need for introspection. Besides, I was already aware that we would enter a period of reflection and change. The work is addressing this matter indirectly.





3. Do you get inspired by nature a lot? 
Not really… My influences and inspirations are varied, culled from design, architecture, art, cinema, literature and magazines.




 

4. Which field of photography are you working in? 
Fashion photography is my vehicle to reflect on cultural associations. I believe the power of fashion lies in its immediacy. It can respond so quickly to current events, reflect and shape them. Fashion is future and breathing. I am interested in the slippery complexity of modern life and the rejection of reality.












Portret Peter Godijn

 5. You studied at the film department at Gerrit Rietveld Academy in Amsterdam: How did you get from film to photography? 
The process of making a film is to blame. Before you start making a film, there is a lot of time involved with scripting, story boards and production. In order to create the story board, I always picked up my camera and build the scenes with Photoshop. The images were hard to distinguish from stills from a movie. By the time photo festivals started to invite me to exhibit my stills, I made up my mind and changed my subject.









6. How do you personally define “fashionclash” or “a clash with fashion” for yourself? 
Traditionally fashion doesn’t fit well in the dusty hush of a “white-cube”. FASHIONCLASH is very NOW and breathing. It offers a platform for young emerging talents not only to show their work, but also to interact with an audience from a broad range of disciplines.






Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...