woensdag 9 mei 2012

Saba Tark - Independent, Sabotaging & Breaking tradition

1. Please introduce yourself to our readers. (Who are you, where do you come from and what is your field of specialization?) 
I’m Saba Tark and I’m 24 years old. I was born in Iraq but I now live in the Netherland.
I’m studying Fashion Design at the HKU (Hogeschool voor de Kunsten Utrecht) and my specialization is haute couture, textile design and illustrations.




2. Why did you choose fashion design as a mean of expressing your creative talent?
For me fashion is not just clothing, it’s the way by which people express and development their personality and feelings. Clothing is a close part of our inner self and through my designs I want to be a part of that.

 
3. What was the vision for your project? 
I got inspired by Matthew Barney’s The Cremaster Cycle 3 where a group, called The Order, rules the world in suits; I wanted to make a new definition about suits and the idea behind people who wears them.


4. Where do you go to clear your mind and find inspiration? 
Because of my multicultural background I always find myself getting inspired by different cultures, history and people I meet in my everyday life.


5. Can you describe your project in 3 keywords? 
Independent, sabotaging, breaking tradition.


6. What does FCM 2012 mean to you? 
I have worked with FASHIONCLASH for different projects the past year. FASHIONCLASH is a great platform for new artist and I’m excited to be part of it again this year.


7. How do you personally define „fashionclash“ or „ a clash with fashion“ for yourself? 
FASHIONCLASH for me is a great project where different artist from different platforms can express themselves through their work in front of a great public.









Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...